P: Profession Pod Series - Team Power




Profession Pod Series - Team Power

Last week my graduation college had invited me for an alumni interaction. The focus was to convience the students to volunteer with an NGO's catering to orphan children as they were the batch of would - be-sociology graduates. 

This initiative also needed them to gather donation to the tune of rupees 10/- per head by aproaching various educational institutions and communicating to students there in.

As I stepped into the packed classroom buzzing with restless energy, I could sense a mix of curiosity and distraction among the students. 

Some were eager to leave, others fidgeted in discomfort, a few looked hungry and many looked bored with the thought of another speech !

Amidst this sea of faces, one girl caught my eye. She looked at me, giggled and whispered to her friend. I straightened my clothes and hair nervously before beginning, just to tone down my self-consciousness.

"Hello everyone," I started, trying to sound confident. "I'm here to talk about something important." Their attention wavered, so I decided to try something different.

"Let's try an experiment," I suggested, with a hint of excitement. I asked of one of the last benchers, "Whats your name please" ? 

She said, "Divyanka". I requested her to come out, stand next to me  and shout her  name aloud.

Divyanka, a bit unsure, came out, next to 
me and exclaimed her name. I asked her to repeat it, louder this time. The class watched, amused.

"Now, everyone," I announced, "on the count of three, shout your names together!"

A chorus of names filled the room, echoing off the walls. The effect was immediate—the students looked surprised at the collective sound they had created.

"Just like that," I continued, seizing the moment. "Your voices together are powerful. Just as one voice stood out, imagine what happens when we combine our efforts."

Initially the idea donating just 10 rupees each, seemed trivial. But the vocal action painted a picture: "Imagine if everyone here contributed. It's not just about the money—it's about showing that together, we can create something meaningful."

The room fell silent as they pondered on the action and what i tried telling them. The message was sinking in.

"Each of you matters," I said, "and together, we can make a real difference for those in need. It's not about the amount—it's about the unity and impact we create when we work together."

I could see thoughtful expressions and exchanged glances among the students. They were beginning to see the power of collective action.

I continued, "Your communication to students of the institutions you visit could be on similar lines or you can create your own premise that serves the purpose".

Through this story, I aim to communicate two major holdings. First one, ofcourse is team power.

The second is to communicate with impact.
Check out my upcoming peice for "Top 10 Tools to Communicate with Impact !

Comments

Popular Posts