Developmental Tools: Using the C-A-R Concept




Using the C-A-R Concept

We all go through series of interviews in our job hunt phase, especially at the entry level positions. Let me share with you, quick tip for a progressive interview.

During an interview, when you are discussing your #SWOT, it becomes non-negotiable to give examples to authenticate the points you speak about.

Telling the interviewer “I am the best” doesn’t make him or her believe in you or another dozen of candidates who may have said the same or similar.

Well! Story telling isn't confined to media alone! It is universal in nature.

Yes, your narrative will totally depend on your resume and profile.
So ensure that you have:
· Shaped up a well aligned resume with supportive to your mentions
· Read up about the company, the role and your resume is in sync with it
· You know your resume as much as your resume knows you
· Are prepared for the interview

Ready?
Come On ! Lets #GET #SET #GO

Here, make sure that you use, what I call as the #CAR #Concept
And I will tell you what it means.
                                                             
|| Context || Action || Result ||

#Interviewer: Tell me something about your strengths
#Interviewee: I am proactive and possess leadership skills

Here is an example of how you can apply the #CAR #Concept to your answer to make it more real-time.

C – Context (Background information of situation)
 
Interviewee:
During my MBA I pursued an marketing internship with XYZ. We were five interns from different colleges. Our role was to reach out to brands to find the relevant point of contact & line up appointments for the director to present the business pitch.

It was the last week of the month and as a team of interns we were needed to reach a target of 100, which meant 20 per head. On day 3 of the week , one of the interns fell ill & was advised bed rest. Another intern was thinking out withdrawing from the internship as she couldn't handle the pressure building up. That left us with 3 interns with the same target.

A – Action (Your contribution)

Interviewee:
It was a difficult situation as I too was an intern. But I decided that I will give it my best shot.

First I spoke to the intern who was breaking down & cheered her to team up to with the best possible. Next I took in confidence the other two interns & convinced them that we can & shall pull it through, only that instead of 100% we will shell out 120% of effort each for the next 3-4 days.

I also told them that the intern who was breaking down has somehow agreed to try her best but she may fall weak and we may need to double up.

With a coffee and cheers, we started our mission, planned our daily connect point s with buffers, waited back late on the remaining days of the week to cut it though.

R – Result (What did your action make happen?)

Interviewee:
On the last day of the week, our reporting was at 6.30pm and I, along with the team of three interns managed to present them a report of 100 !

Comments

Popular Posts